People make fun of me for having too many blogs. I don’t blame them. I just like to try things. I love a Saturday morning with nothing going on other than installing some new app and running with it. It’s fun!
The trouble begins when I say to myself, “That’s it, this is where I’m writing from now on!” Of course that never lasts, and I look flighty and a little foolish. I no longer believe myself when I say those things. I’m never going to be the guy who’s been using the same platform in the same place for years, and that’s ok.
I’ve created sort of a mess of things, but I may just need to live with it. Here are the places I can currently publish, not including social media:
- jack.baty.net is what you're reading now (Wordpress)
- baty.net is my original blog (since 2000) most recently built with Hugo
- stream.baty.net is a micro blog using Known
- tilde.club/~jbaty totally static HTML because nostalgia!
- photos.baty.net is my photo blog (Wordpress)
- 1999.baty.net is for quick, loose notes (1999.io)
- snippets.baty.net was a micro blog (Wordpress)
- baty.blog is a test blog using Blot.im
- micro.baty.net is a micro blog managed by micro.blog
It’s pretty obvious that this is too much. I’m not sure what to do about it so I’m leaving it alone for now. Eventually I hope to consolidate things a bit and archive and shut down the places I never plan to use.